I've been looking on the internet for really good tool to study Bible. I found a very good open source (Free!) software.
THE WORD :
A Free, installable or portable (you can carry this in USB drive) allows you to study deeper. It offers various versions of bible KJV, NIV, etc. search featuring number of occurences of searched keyword in Biblical chapters. You can add your notes on specific verses. The interface is fully customizable and easy to understand. Plus, you can download modules to increase additional functions, such as new languages. Say, I want to add Arabi, French, etc.
Bible was orginally written in Greek and Hebrew, but many people don't understand these languages. So, we have to use translated versions. This software offers Greek and Hebrew dictionary inbuilt. To make use of it, you just click number on scriptual word, and in side pane, you can see Greek or Hebrew word for english or any other language word. This is awesome feature for scholars, for them that love study word of God. Many confusions can be cleared if we directly referred to original texts.
If I am reading Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Job 38:4; Ps 33:6; Ps 89:11; Ps 136:5; Acts 14:15; Acts 17:24; Heb 11:3;
These references will be in the end of verse. If I just move my mouse over them, a popup will come containing verse referred.
There are other features too. If I write them, It will look like documentry written on this software. So, I'll just skip here.
Sample Snaposhot: http://www.theword.gr/files/screenshots/general-normal-2.png
You can view snaposhots by clicking here.
Although it looks complicated, it isn't. Use it and you'll know.!
Download Here.!
Modules are additional functions that can be installed in Word softwares. You can Get modules here.. - Download Modules It contains 715 modules.!!
No comments:
Post a Comment